January 11 and 13 2020: Dastak CRU conducted a two-day therapy workshop for the juvenile prisoners in Central Jail Faisalabad in collaboration with Ajoka Theatre on January 11 and 13, 2020.
This workshop aimed at supplementing Dastak’s ongoing Education Program for Children in Prisons that focuses on life skills and social behavior. The purpose of this workshop was to support the reformative process of juvenile prisoners and provide them avenues to channel their energies in a positive direction. Specific objectives of this workshop included:
- Support the reformative process of juvenile prisoners
- Provide them avenues to channel their energies in a positive direction
- Encouraging positive relationships between inmates and with family after release
- Reduce social isolation after release
- Increase self-expression and self-confidence
- Minimize hostile and disruptive behavior
A total of 31 under trial juvenile prisoners participated in the workshop. The workshop comprised of a series of singing exercises including poetry and humor, movement exercises and games including movement with rhythm and music, theatrical Improvisations, group-based games, story-telling including sharing personal histories and developing a story as a group and innovative creative exercises to explore talent and appreciate beauty and nature.